SeqPrimer - Validated to detect single base variants
Just because primers work in PCR does not mean they provide good sequencing results.
Standard end-point PCR is an exponential process. The primer quality is not crucial for amplification, when checking PCR products on an agarose gel.
In contrast, cycle sequencing reactions require a much higher level of primer quality independent of template type.
Mutations are commonly identified by PCR followed by direct sequencing of the PCR product. The primer quality is therefore even more critical when you want to detect or verify single base variants:
- Genotyping by sequencing
- Microsatellite analysis
- Verification of SDM experiments
That means PCR primers should already have a very good quality when the same primers are used for sequencing the PCR product!
With our validated SeqPrimer, you can be sure to have the optimum primer quality to fulfil this requirement.
The SeqPrimer was developed in close cooperation with our experienced oligo synthesis and DNA sequencing team.
It is specified based on a set of analytical quality criteria that were verified in thousands of sequencing reactions.
Read more what you can expect from our SeqPrimer
Now available as SeqPrimer NightXpress
Standard Primers and custom sequencing primers ordered along with DNA sequencing have the same stringent quality criteria.
What you can expect from our SeqPrimer
Reproducible high sequence quality:
- Accurate base detection & sequence interpretation
- Zero background sequence
- Sequences with highest possible trace score
Optimised & verified SeqPrimer criteria:
- Average yields of 25 nmol (5 OD)
- Primer lengths: 15-35 bases (non-defined ratio wobbles possible)
- SeqPrimer purities of 90% - defined by UPLC*
- Unique quality criteria ensured by MALDI-TOF MS
Flexible delivery formats and fast TAT:
- Dried down or liquid at selected concentration
- Production in tube format in 1 working day
- Production of up to 5 plates in 3-4 working days
Additional online features free of charge:
Documents are provided in your online account free of charge:
- Oligo synthesis report
- Quality report incl. MALDI-TOF MS spectra
- Delivery note